Act now and make Oscar's Law a reality!
Are you a passionate animal advocate? Would you like gain knowledge and practical skills so you can raise community awareness about factory and companion animal farming practices, and help abolish these cruel industries? Then apply to become an Oscar's Law Advocate!
Applications are now open for the Oscarís Law Advocate Program (OLAP). OLAP is a two day program which will equip up to 50 trainees from around Australia with tools, knowledge and access to networks for them to use to raise awareness about factory farming practices and to promote animal welfare. Funded through a grant received from animal advocacy group, Voiceless, OLAP will have a particular focus on puppy farming.
OLAP will be held in Melbourne in August 2013. The comprehensive program will include networking, presentation skills training and coursework. Trainees will learn about animal welfare, legislation and companion and factory animal farming practices, plus gain practical skills, enabling them to deliver educative presentations to schools, universities, workplaces and other community gatherings. As part of their commitment, trainees will need to undertake to deliver 10 presentations over 18 months, based on the material provided during the program.
If youíre interested in becoming an Oscarís Law Advocate, please complete the application form below. For more information on OLAP please read the document below and then if you have further questions email firstname.lastname@example.org Applications close Friday 7 June 2013 so don't delay, get your application in today!
Other ways to help
- Print out this leaflet or poster and help raise awareness.
- Print our cards and take them to your local pet shop, let them know they won't get your business!
- Follow us on Twitter Like our Facebook page
- Join "Kids Want Oscar's Law' on Facebook
- Sign our online petition
- Download your State petition and start collecting signatures
Victoria | New South Wales | South Australia Western Australia Queensland Tasmania
- Email the Premier, the Leader of the Opposition and Minister of Agriculture in your State, you can also email Julia Gillard and Tony Abbott. Add your name and email address, and don't forget to add your name to the bottom of each letter and send!
Or choose to send to the federal members by clicking here